English Learner Advisory Committee
KCUSD's mission is to provide a broad spectrum of educational programs and co-curricular activities for all students so that they may attain their highest potential.
What is the English Learner Advisory Committee?
The English Learner Advisory Committee is a school-level committee of English Learner parents, staff, and community members designated to advise and assist school officials in making important decisions related to services and programs for English learners. Each California public school with 21 or more English learners must form an English Learner Advisory Committee.
Purposes of the ELAC:
To provide parents of English Learners the opportunity to:
- Participate in the school’s needs assessments of students, parents and teachers.
- Advise the principal and school staff on the school’s program for English Learners.
- Provide input on the most effective ways to ensure regular school attendance.
- Advise the school on the annual language census.
- Advise the School Site Council on the development of the School Improvement Plan.
Great Western ELAC Dates for the 2022-23 School Year:
All parents of English Learners are invited to attend this committee meeting.
Meetings will be held via zoom and the link to the meeting will be sent one day prior to the meeting.
If you are interested in being part of the committee, please call the school at 559-305-7220 and ask for Mr. Chapa. You can also send an email directly to Mr. Chapa at email@example.com.