Great Western Parent Survey results- 2017
Overall school quality- 98%
Safe & orderly school environment- 98%
Progress your student is making- 97%
- Great Western’s friendly and caring staff received a large number of positive comments from parents. Parent feel the students are continuously cared for by all staff. Our teachers are dedicated to providing each student with what they need to be successful. Awarding student achievement was also greatly appreciated.
- Our community appreciates the small country environment provided by Great Western School. Parents commented that they feel the campus is a safe place and students are given one-on-one attention. Great Western’s sense of pride was commended.
- A third area of commendation was communication. Parent commented that they appreciate the Remind 101 text messaging app used to communicate with parents as well as the phone calls and notes that are sent home.
- Tutoring and Homework support- Parents requested ways students can be supported after school with tutoring and/or help completing homework. Eureka Math Homework Helper books will be a great benefit to help with this concern as well as Math night for families, which will be held early next year in the fall. Great Western will also continue Bronco Round-up, a way for selected students to receive intervention in areas of need.
- Facility improvements, bathrooms, cafeteria and parking- Many improvements have been made to our facilities over the past year. New fencing around our Kindergarten play yard and a new shade structure have enhanced our school. We continue to prioritize projects and focus on the areas of need. Modernization projects and plans are being developed for the summer of 2018.
- Increase opportunities for students to use computers- Our Chromebook take-home program will be in place for the entire school year next year as well as extended the library hours for student use. Along with this we now have Chromecarts in every classroom grades 2-5 and Chromebook stations available in K-1. We strive to teach 21st Century technology to our students.